Land O’Lakes strengthens U of M talent pipeline
In spring 2019, Land O’Lakes welcomed 44 new hires from the University of Minnesota—10 for full-time positions, 34 for internships. Through informational interviews, on-campus sessions, and one-on-one conversations, representatives from all areas of Land O’Lakes helped U of M students realize their potential in food and ag careers.
2018-2019 fast facts:
- The University of Minnesota was the number one source for internship and new graduate talent for Land O’Lakes.
- Land O’Lakes hosted 75 events across all campuses and reached more than 12,000 students with their brand.
- Twelve Land O’Lakes representatives served as mentors within the Women Invested in Leadership and Learning (W.I.L.L.) program in Gopher Athletics, a record number.
- Partnering with faculty in both the College of Science and Engineering and the College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences (CFANS) to bring Land O’Lakes employees, resources, and ideas to the classroom
- Sponsoring Career Week student activities at the Carlson School of Management
- Packing more than 100 hygiene kits thanks to the help of Carlson School graduate students, which allowed them to take a “mind-break” over finals week in December 2018
- Strenghthening diversity initiatives in CFANS, including a partnership with the student chapter of the Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources and Related Sciences (MANRRS)
Photo courtesy of the Carlson School of Management