Reaching a vast audience, Land O'Lakes and Gopher Sports
Land O’Lakes sponsorships build visibility and brand awareness among Gopher fans everywhere–and especially U of M students who may one day be part of the company’s talent pipeline. If the latest numbers are any indication, recognition of the Land O’Lakes brand will only continue to grow.
Land O’Lakes brand impressions: a record-setting year
In 2018–2019, the Land O’Lakes brand had a record-setting year with more than 24.8 million brand impressions via Gopher Athletics sporting events and facilities around campus.
Land O’Lakes brand impressions, which now total nearly 120 million since Land O’Lakes’ milestone 2014 pledge, have been rising steadily over the last five years.
While everything from in-venue signage to social media contribute to this visibility, the latest bump comes from an increased reach into radio and television audiences, says Matt Sherman, senior manager of business development at Gopher Sports Properties.
2018–2019 highlights include:
- 24.8 million brand impressions via promotions and signage associated with Gopher venues and teams
- 119 million brand impressions since 2014
- Brand promotion across ALL Gopher Athletics facilities
- Increased visibility to students through:
- Land O’Lakes-branded student sections at TCF Bank Stadium (football), Maturi Pavillion (volleyball), 3M Arena at Mariucci (hockey), and Williams Arena (basketball)
- Land O’Lakes Student Fan Cam at every home game for Gopher Football, Gopher Volleyball, Gopher Men’s Hockey, and Gopher Men’s Basketball
- Presenting sponsorship of Celebrate Ag & Food Day, an event held during the September 8, 2018, Gopher Football game against Fresno State that showcased food production and agriculture across Minnesota
- Sponsorship of the November 10, 2018, Gopher Football game against Purdue, which included a three-minute pre-game radio interview with Land O’Lakes CEO Beth Ford
Learn more about Land O’Lakes visibility in 2018–2019.
Photos courtesy of Gopher Sports Properties